Search from area
Introducing unique features of area
You can search for hotels on the map.
Northern areaNORTHERN AREA
- In this area abundant with the nature of Yanbaru located Churaumi Aquarium
- In this area there are many popular sightseeing places such as Churaumi Aquarium of course, Nago Pineapple Park and the Blue Cave. A lot of hotels are located along the coast or in nature areas. In addition, there is Kouri Island in this area which is famous for its Heart rocks.
- You can enjoy popular sightseeing areas as well as Okinawa nature in the northern area!
- In Nago city, the northern part of Okinawa main island, there are various sightseeing places and theme parks, such as [Nago Pineapple park] where you can try fresh pineapples for free, and [Busena underwater park] where you can enjoy beautiful underwater scenery in a glass boat. In addition, it is famous for the earliest cherry blossoms in Japan. [Roadside station Kyoda] which is known as No. 1 of all the roadside stations all over Japan also located in Nago.
- Standard sightseeing spot in Okinawa where you can enjoy aquarium and superb view
- If you go to "Churaumi Aquarium", a significant point of Okinawa tourism, you can see whale sharks and mantas in a huge water tank. In addition, it is easy to access [Kouri Island], which is famous for Heart rocks, by going across Kouri bridge. This is Okinawa! There is also a place where you can drive over the beautiful cobalt blue sea.
- Onna village
- A popular resort area in Okinawa where you can observe the beautiful sea
- In Onna village, one of the famous resort areas in Okinawa, there are many resort hotels along the shoreline where you can see the horizon. A lot of hotels have exclusive beaches, and you can do marine sports, throw a beach parties as well as other various events are carried out through the year.
- Ie Island
- Enjoy easily approachable distant islands of Okinawa.
- Ie Island is located in the west of the Okinawa Main Island, and you can go there from Northern Motobu Cho by ferry in 30 minutes. The Shiroyama springing out of the island is the symbol of Ie Island. [Ie Island's lily Festival] is held in the Golden Week of every year and you can enjoy approximately 1 million pure white lilies. With a beautiful beach, it is also a popular area among the people.
- An exotic area born from the unique history of Okinawa
- Beginning with the [Mihama American Village], where you can enjoy both shopping and the beach, there is also the [Underwater road], perfect for driving, and many other spots in the central area. Unlike the northern and southern areas, you can experience the unique American and deep Okinawan experience.
- Chatan, Mihama
- Great for shopping and the gourmet! Constantly popular spot of Middle Okinawa where one can enjoy the American atmosphere
- In Mihama American village, where the trademark and large Ferris wheel located, there are many tourists and local people. It is a lively spot where you can enjoy shopping and gourmet, as well as many events such as live concerts and street lives. In addition, there is the [Sunset beach] very close where you can see the suberb view of evening sun!
- Ginowan city
- A developing business & sightseeing district with good access from the Naha airport!
- National highway No. 58 and No. 330 go along Ginowan city located in the center of South-central area in Okinawa Main Island. Easy to access from Naha Airport, it faces to the East China Sea and you can enjoy the beautiful setting sun. Around Okinawa convention center and Ginowan Coast park is located in the West Coast, and now it is developing as a sightseeing and business district.
Southern areaSOUTHERN AREA
- The area is center of culture and history of Okinawa, There are many attractive tourist spots.
- This is the heart of Okinawa, where the doorways to the island - Naha airport - is located. Here you can experience not only shopping and gourmet, but the traditional culture of Okinawa and the history of Ryukyu Kingdom era.
- The heart of Okinawa where you can enjoy various of things from shopping to world heritages and even earthenware
- [Kokusai Street], popular amongst tourists, is a main street where you can find many restaurants and souvenir shops. There is [Tsuboya yachimun street] near by the street, where you can enjoy traditional Okinawa earthenware. In addition, there is the [T galleria], the only road surface type duty-free shop in Japan, in the new downtown area, and in world heritage Shuri Castle you can enjoy the prosperity of the Ryukyu Kingdom.
- Enjoy shopping at an open location
- In Tomigusuku city, located next to Naha city, there is [Okinawa outlet mall Ashibina] where you can purchase domestic and foreign brands at reasonable prices. It take about 15 minutes to access the city from the airport, and the striking sea of emerald green is within walking distance, so you can enjoy shopping in the area while feeling the resort aura.
- Nanjo, Haebaru, Yonabaru
- Surrounded by a lush natural environment, and cultural heritages, this area has a lot of valuable historical and cultural sites.
- There are a number of cultural heritages and attractions such as the Ryukyu kingdom's most sacred place, [Sefa Utaki] and natural limestone cave [Gangara valley]. Access to the southern tourist spots are good, and there are facilities on peace learning, such as the Peace Memorial Museum and the Old Navy headquarters bunker.
Kume Island / Kerama IslandsKUMEJIMA / KERAMA ISLANDS
- About 40km southwest from the Main Island Naha. On this island there is a natural beach called the Kerama blue.
- It takes about 50 minutes by boat from Naha city. The Kerama Islands is located approximately 40km away from the main island in the East China Sea. Rich coral reefs have created diverse ecosystems. Zamami Island and Furuzamami beach got a two-star in the Michelin Green Guide, and has become famous as a sea the world has fallen in love with. Moving around the islands is easy, so island hopping is recommended there. There is an accommodation near the beach, you can enjoy marine activity and cycling.
- You can enjoy a quiet scenery and a slow flow of time.
- Kume Island is located in approximately 100km of west away from Okinawa Main Island, and it takes about 30 minutes from Naha Airport by plane to get there. It is the easternmost island in Japan, and is called [kumi island], which means the most beautiful Island in Ryukyu (Okinawa). Famous as a diving spot, there are long beaches of white sand, and marine activities are substantial as well.
- Kerama Islands (Tokashiki Island, Zamami Island, Aka Island)
- Islands attracting the world appointed in national park
- Kerama Islands include more than 20 big and small habited and unhabited islands, located in 40km of west from Okinawa Main Island. The sea attracting many people by one of the world's best transparent seawater is called [Kerama blue] and is popular area for diving and Marine activity. It has become a national park in 2014.
Miyako IslandMIYAKO ISLANDS
- The blue Eden, the best resorts are in Miyako island.
- Around Miyako Island is one of the beautiful sea in Okinawa. Even if you saw this colored in various gradations of blue sea and white sand many times it feels like this place never changes. Ikema bridge connecting Miyako Island and Ikema Island and it is recommended for driving and enjoying this superb scenery.
- Miyako Island
- If you want to do marine activities, it's here! An amazing beach-view awaits
- Located approximately 300km away southwest from Okinawa island, in Miyako island you can find many beautiful beaches. Amongst them [Yonaha Maehama Beach] has been considered NO.1 against all domestic best beaches for three years. In addition, it is a good place for driving and you can reach the neighboring islands such as Ikema island and Irabu island just across bridge. This Island is also known as a famous spot for Marine activity.
Yaeyama IslandsYAEYAMA ISLANDS
- If you are going to enjoy an extraordinary time in a relaxed area
- It is approximately 400 kilometers southwest away from the Okinawa Main Island. It takes about an hour to go there from the Naha airport by plane. It is the southest island in Japan. In a charming islands time flows slowly and you are able to forget the urban noises. You can have a great experience while combining your hotel staying with optional tour to enjoy island sightseeing spots.
- Ishigaki Island
- You can leisurely enjoy the best resort of southern paradise
- Ishigaki Island is one of the Yaeyama Islands, located approximately 400km away southwest from the Okinawa Main Island. You can enjoy the superb view of Kabira bay, which is known as a beautiful scenery spot and Tamatorizaki observatory. In addition, you can enjoy neighboring islands such as Taketomi Island and Iriomote Island. It has good access to outside prefectures as well, you can leisurely enjoy a relaxed time.